Monday, February 11, 2013

DOTS DOTS DOTS! post#2

Large or small, sexy or sweet, polka dots are BACK! Polka Dots become a main stay and get even bigger this spring 2013 season. No matter the color make sure to add some dots to your closet! I am actually very happy that dots are back because I consider myself a big fan of polka dots! because they can always give a fun touch to your outfit. They can transform a dull outfit to a chic and fun look! 

Whenever i hear the word polka dots the first thing that comes to my mind is the Japanese minimalist and pop art artist Yayoi Kusama. When I just got to New York last August I remember that the first thing I wanted to do was to go to 5th avenue, visit all my favorite stores and of course do some shopping!! As I was walking by the Louis Vuitton store I remember seeing this cool and crazy window displays and I told to myself what the heck is going on? Marc Jacobs is really bringing polka dots back! hahaha and I may not remember the exact merchandise that was displayed but I do remember the wax figure of Yayoi Kusama along with the white background with red polka dots. 





IN THE RUNWAY
Polka dots made a strong come back in the runway fashion shows for spring 2013. Definitely one of the most eye-catching and chic prints. 

Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2013 RTW

CHANEL is all about polka dots for Spring 2013 


Chanel Spring 2013 RTW


Chanel Spring 2013 RTW

And why not some red?  
Nina Ricci Spring 2013 RTW
STREET STYLE
Polka dots and some lether? .... Don't be afraid of to mix and match! 


FWNYC

No comments:

Post a Comment