Monday, February 4, 2013

Best Fashion Blogs post#1

Hi everyone! My name is Maribel De La Mora Durán and I am 21 years old. I am from Ciudad Juárez México and I just moved to New York City last August 2012. Currently I study at FIT, The Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan. I am majoring in Fashion Merchandising Management and so far I love it. Definitely moving to NYC has been one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life and I am enjoying every single day of it. New York city is all about fashion, when you walk through the streets the city gives you the freedom to express yourself, because after all fashion is art. Its a way of expressing ourselfs, expressing who we are, out thoughts and beliefs, and even though we care about it or not we are always trying to make a statement and say something to the world through clothes. 

New York is amazing but let me tell you this: the journey has just begun! because as Frank Sinatra used to say "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere"... i love NYC but my heart is and will always be set on Paris. So hopefully one day I'll be writing you from a beautiful café parisien drinking an expresso and having a pain au chocolat keeping you updated on the latest French fashion trends, but that's another story... 

Today I want to share with you two of my favorite fashion blogs, which I highly recommend if you have a true love for fashion and you want to keep up to date with the latest fashion trends and the best street style looks not only in New York City but in the rest of the world!

The Blonde Salad
Simply my favorite fashion blog. It is written by the 25 year old fashionista Chiara Ferragani. She is Italian and she always gives that unique chic Italian touch to every single outfit. I love her hip chic style. Sometimes she is very glamorous, sometimes very punk rock, or sometimes she goes for a more vintage look but every single outfit is beautiful. What i like the most is that she wears both high fashion brands and designer pieces as well as clothes that you can find at ZARA, H&M, J. CREW, TOPSHOP, and vintage stores so you can always copy some of her looks at way more cheap prices. 


She is wearing:
BURBERRY Booties
ALICE by Temperley Dress
MARC JACOBS Maxi Bracelet
J. Crew Leopard Barcelet + VALENTINO Bracelet
BORSALINO hat
HERMES Kelly bag
ELIZABETH AND JAMES Sunglasses 
She is wearing:
VALENTINO lace pumps
VIVA VOX coat and hat
HERMES Mini Kelly bag 


Street Peeper
The perfect blog for those times when you want a little inspiration. You can find photos from street style looks taken at the different fashion capitals all over the world. From Paris and Milan to London, Tokyo and New York you will find the most fashionable and trendy street style looks of the moment. 

NYC
She is wearing:
Sheer gold polka dot top
Gold Paisley pants
White bag
LONDON
She is wearing:
LANVIN Necklace
Yellow embroidered top
Blue and black lace skirt
BURBERRY PRORSUM box clutch 

NYC Fashion Week is coming up next week so make sure to check out this cool and trendy blogs. Get ready to take out your best outfits, dress to impress, but the most important be creative and don't be afraid of truly expressing yourself!! I will keep you posted with the best street style looks around the city and i leave you with this interesting article about The Ten Types of People You See at Fashion Week haha so funny and so true! 






1 comment:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete